Oh, no! You’ve been experimenting in Production again with Profile Cards in Sitecore (or one Profile Card you’ve assigned no longer applies), and you suddenly realize that there’s no delete option.
Don’t panic. Thanks to your Google-fu, you have found your answer.
Here’s how to remove all evidence of your rogue Profile Card:
- On the item you’d like to clear the Profile Card from, click the icon for the Profile Card you’d like to delete in the upper right-hand corner of the Content.
- Click the Customize toggle switch for the Profile Card Details.
- Set all the Profile Key values to 0.
- Click the OK button.
- The Profile Card icon will disappear.
Another option, is to modify the Tracking field on the item to remove the Profile Key value.
To do this:
- From the View tab, make sure the Standard fields checkbox is selected.
- Navigate to the Advanced section of the template, and find the Tracking field.
- You’ll see your Profile Key values here.
- Select the Raw values checkbox.
- Find the profile key value you would like to remove.
- Set the value to 0.
- Save your changes.
- Uncheck the Raw values checkbox and validate that your Profile Key value updated appropriately.