A daily stand-up is a meeting used by Agile teams to start the day. Everyone gets together to answer three simple questions:
- What did I do since our last meeting to move this project forward?
- What do I plan to work on next?
- Is there anything standing in my way?
Generally, if it takes longer than 15-minutes, you're doing it wrong. A good stand-up meeting:
- Stays on target
- Follows a predictable order
- Doesn't devolve into a solutioning session
At Coria, we have a fully distributed team and hold our morning stand-ups using Zoom with video. It's nice to be able to see everyone participating in the meeting, and it gives us an opportunity to connect face-to-face.